Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles in Weekly Standard
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Weekly Standard (number of quotes indicated):
- Ben Sasse (2) Republican Challenger
- Brian Schweitzer (8) Montana Previously Democratic Governor
- Buddy Roemer (1) Republican (Former LA Governor)
- Jeb Bush (1) Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Jeff Bell (3) Republican Senate challenger New Jersey
- John Cox (8) California Republican candidate for California Governor
- Matt Blunt (1) Missouri Former Republican Governor (retired 2008)
- Michele Bachmann (1) Republican
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in The Weekly Standard:
- (On Brian Schweitzer): Michael Warren in The Weekly Standard magazine, 12/23/2013
- (On Jeff Bell): Weekly Standard on 2014 New Jersey Senate race, 9/1/2013
- (On Ben Sasse): The Weekly Standard on 2014 Nebraska Senate race, 6/17/2013
- (On Buddy Roemer): Response to 2011 Jobs Speech in The Weekly Standard, 9/8/2011
- (On Michele Bachmann): Matthew Continetti in The Weekly Standard, "Stay the Course", 6/22/2011
- (On Jeb Bush): John McCormack, The Weekly Standard, "Jeb Rips Crist", 10/5/2010
- (On John Cox): Matt Labash, The Weekly Standard, "Sane Fringe Candidate", 5/21/2007
- (On Matt Blunt): Fred Barnes in The Weekly Standard, 5/22/2006
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
John Cox: Personal history--conceived in rape--makes him anti-abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Brian Schweitzer: As governor, cut taxes & built budget surplus.
Jeff Bell: Return to gold-dollar convertibility now.
Buddy Roemer: Government stimulus creates jobs, but only in China.
Brian Schweitzer: Take over Montana mining company to keep jobs in Montana.
Ben Sasse: At Midland U., fixed broken system of higher ed.
Energy & Oil|
Brian Schweitzer: Construct Keystone pipeline; and mine more coal.
Brian Schweitzer: 1980s: Resided and worked in Libya and Saudi Arabia.
Brian Schweitzer: Used cattle brand saying "VETO" to publicly burn bad bills.
Brian Schweitzer: Gun control means, "You control yours & I'll control mine".
Brian Schweitzer: ObamaCare was written by Big Pharma & insurance lobbyists.
Jeff Bell: Defense hawk and foreign-policy interventionist.
John Cox: We need to seal our borders, but don’t bash immigrants.
Principles & Values|
Brian Schweitzer: Legislators can't act; executives change the world.
John Cox: Placing well in polls in NH, IA, & SC, but ignored by media.
John Cox: Running for president as Reagan conservative.
John Cox: Self-made man; made millions in potato chip industry.
John Cox: Ran unsuccessfully for Congress, Senate, & county office.
John Cox: His 220-page book, “Politic$, Inc.,” sets out his ideas.
Jeb Bush: Wrong to scare seniors about not protecting Social Security.
Jeff Bell: Convinced Pres. Reagan to adopt radical tax-rate reductions.
Matt Blunt: No new taxes; and streamline government.
War & Peace|
Michele Bachmann: Stay the course in Afghanistan until victorious.
John Cox: Supported war; but now a disaster since oil pumping so low.
Welfare & Poverty|
Ben Sasse: Replace entitlements with an opportunity society.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Ben Sasse Republican Challenger
- Brian Schweitzer Montana Previously Democratic Governor
- Buddy Roemer Republican (Former LA Governor)
- Jeb Bush Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Jeff Bell Republican Senate challenger New Jersey
- John Cox California Republican candidate for California Governor
- Matt Blunt Missouri Former Republican Governor (retired 2008)
- Michele Bachmann Republican
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles in Weekly Standard.