Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles in U.S. News and World Report
(Click for external website)
Articles in U.S. News and World Report:
- On 2022 S.D. Governor race, "South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem says that if re-elected she will uphold the state's abortion ban that provides no exceptions for rape or incest," by Stephen Groves, Oct. 1, 2022, (Link)
- U.S. News, "How Much of Trump's Border Wall Was Built?," by Claire Hansen, Feb. 7, 2022, (Link)
- U.S. News & World Report, "Arizona Utility Regulators Again Reject Clean Energy Rules," by Bob Christie, Jan. 26, 2022
- U.S. News & World Report, "No US Vaccine Mandate for State-Regulated Utilities," Dec. 25, 2021
- On January 6th, "No, Election Day Wasn't the Real Insurrection," Oct. 21, 2021
- FactCheck: "Louisiana's US Sen. John Kennedy Draws Democratic Opponent," Oct. 5, 2021
- US News & World Report, "Inhofe's Office Requests $4M to Combat Illicit Pot Growers," July 7, 2021
- (On Biden Cabinet): "Tom Vilsack Faces New Challenges as He Returns to Old Job," by Mary Clare Jalonick and Thomas Beaumont, Dec. 12, 2020
- (On 2022 NY Gov): "Gov. Andrew Cuomo Signs 10-Bill Police Reform Package into Law," by Alexa Lardieri, June 12, 2020
- ND SB2015/HB1041: U.S. News and World Report, "Inspired by Norway's Approach, North Dakota Reforms its Prisons," 2/22/2019, (Link, SB2015, HB1041)
- (On Bill Dahlin): US News & World Report on 2018 Wyoming gubernatorial race, 6/11/2018
- (On Cynthia Nixon): U.S. News & World Report on 2018 New York gubernatorial race, 4/4/2018
- (On Bill Haslam & Karl Dean): U.S. News & World Report on 2018 Tennessee governor debate, 1/23/2018
- (On Patrick Morrisey): US News & World Report on 2018 W.V. Senate race, 10/3/2017
- (On James Emerson Smith): US News & World Report on 2018 South Carolina Governor race, 10/2/2017
- (On Janet Mills): U.S. News & World Report on 2018 Maine Gubernatorial race, 9/20/2017
- (On Steve Pearce): US News & World Report on 2018 New Mexico gubernatorial race, 8/1/2017
- (On Nan Whaley): US News & World Report on 2018 Ohio Gubernatorial race, 7/24/2017
- (On Jon Husted): US News & World Report on 2018 Ohio gubernatorial race, 5/23 & 5/24/2017
- (On Gary Jones): US News and World Report on 2018 Oklahoma Governor race, 5/8/2017
- (On Bill Lee): US News & World Report on 2018 Tennessee gubernatorial race, 4/23/2017
- (On Mick Rich): US News & World Report on 2018 New Mexico Senate race, 4/19/2017
- (On John Chiang): US News & World Report on 2018 California gubernatorial race, 4/4/2017
- (On Donald Trump): U.S.News & World Report on First 2016 Presidential Debate, 9/27/2016
- (On Clarence Thomas, Anthony Kennedy & others): US News&World Report on 2015 SCOTUS decision King v. Burwell, 6/25/2015
- (On 2020 presidential hopefuls):Â "Congress 'Endorses' Warrantless Collection, Storage of U.S. Communications," by Steven Nelson, Dec. 11, 2014
- (On Shenna Bellows & Susan Collins): U.S.News & World Report on 2014 Maine Senate race, 2/27/2014
- (On Lee Bright, Lindsey Graham & Nancy Mace): US News & World Report on 2014 South Carolina Senate race, 9/5/2013
- (On Gary Johnson): US News and World Report, "Presidential Debates", 9/24/2012
- (On Jeb Bush): Paul Bedard in US News and World Report, "Jeb Leads Fight", 4/28/2010
- (On Elena Kagan & John Roberts): Josh Gottheimer in US News & World Report, "5 Reasons", 4/9/2010
- (On Sonia Sotomayor): Zach Miners in US News & World Report, 6/11/2009
- (On Rudy Giuliani): Interview in US News & World Report, "Homeowner Bailout", 8/27/2007
- (On Ralph Nader): U.S. News & World Report, 10/25/2000
- (On George W. Bush & John McCain): US News & World Report, p. 23-26, 1/17/2000
- (On George W. Bush & Bill Bradley): US News & World Report, p. 32-36, 10/18/1999
- (On Dick Cheney): US News & World Report, 7/11/1999
- (On George W. Bush): US News & World Report, pp. 18-19, 6/7/1999
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Dick Cheney: Against abortion rights.
Janet Mills: No comment on lawsuit to expand abortion access.
Kamala Harris: A staunch supporter of legal protection for abortion.
Kamala Harris: Hyde Amendment denies poor women reproductive health care.
Karen Bass: 100% ratings from NARAL & Planned Parenthood.
Val Demings: 100% ratings from NARAL & Planned Parenthood.
Jamie R. Smith: Uphold state abortion ban: no exceptions for rape or incest.
Kristi Noem: South Dakotans overwhelmingly support right to choose.
Budget & Economy|
Dick Cheney: Supported Balanced Budget Amendment.
Donald Trump: FactCheck: Fed keeps interest rates low, but apolitically.
Gary Jones: Cut budget without losing core services.
John Neely Kennedy: FactCheck: Yes, supported ARPA funds for natural disasters.
Anthony Kennedy: Concurred on allowing federal ObamaCare subsidies.
Elena Kagan: Concurred on allowing federal ObamaCare subsidies.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Concurred on allowing federal ObamaCare subsidies.
Sonia Sotomayor: Concurred on allowing federal ObamaCare subsidies.
Stephen Breyer: Concurred on allowing federal ObamaCare subsidies.
Tom Vilsack: Root out inequities and systemic racism in systems we govern.
Jamie R. Smith: Critical race theory not a problem in South Dakota schools.
Rudy Giuliani: Low corporate tax rates encourage business locating in US.
Andrew Cuomo: Signed police reform package, including ban on chokeholds.
Bill Lee: Men of Valor: re-entry program for former offenders.
George W. Bush: Proper age for death penalty is 17.
John Chiang: Education & anti-poverty to fight crime.
Patrick Morrisey: $1M more for state police drug testing in criminal cases.
Bill Dahlin: Industrial hemp could help Wyoming farmers profit.
Mick Rich: Ending illegal drugs crossing the border will be #1 priority.
T.W. Shannon: $4 million to establish unit to go after illegal pot growers.
Dick Cheney: Supports school prayer.
James Emerson Smith: Led fight against vouchers.
Sonia Sotomayor: Often supports local school districts in her rulings.
Cynthia Nixon: Outraged over slow response to village's contaminated water.
Mick Rich: Wants commercial use of natural resources on federal lands.
Elena Kagan: Aggressive advocate for campaign finance reform.
Gary Johnson: Sues to attempt to participate in presidential debate.
John Roberts: Campaign finance reform should not limit political spending.
Jon Husted: States should police elections, not Feds.
Jon Husted: Endorsed by gun group, supports "right to protect".
Steve Pearce: Allow concealed guns across state lines.
Antonin Scalia: ObamaCare "state exchanges" cannot be federal exchanges.
Bill Bradley: Alter tax code to make health insurance more affordable.
Clarence Thomas: Concurs that ObamaCare "state exchanges" cannot be federal.
John McCain: Higher taxes on cigarettes.
Nan Whaley: Medicaid crucial to helping addicts; don't throw people off.
Samuel Alito: Concurs that ObamaCare "state exchanges" cannot be federal.
Gloria La Riva: Opposed collection of citizens' digital communications.
Shenna Bellows: NSA should target only based on individualized suspicion.
Susan Collins: Increase transparency of NSA but keep NSA programs.
Bill Haslam: College tuition break for in-state undocumented immigrants.
Jeb Bush: Pray for Comprehensive Immigration Reform, not AZ law.
Karl Dean: Immigrants are part of community; college tuition break ok.
Donald Trump: FactCheck: border wall 52 new miles, plus rebuilt 406 miles.
Principles & Values|
Bill Bradley: Emphasizes positions on left.
Bill Lee: Faith would influence my decisions as governor.
George W. Bush: Oil-town upbringing bred ‘compassionate conservatism'.
Jennifer Granholm: Antidote to negativity and pain: service to others.
Ralph Nader: Goal is 5% of vote, to qualify Greens as a recognized party.
Jim Hood: Encourage more state retirees to run for state legislature.
Rudy Giuliani: Trust me on Social Security reform, but no details yet.
George W. Bush: Don't balance the budget on the backs of the poor.
Rudy Giuliani: Letting Bush tax cuts expire means economy would decline.
Jamie R. Smith: Pushed for years to repeal state's 4.5% tax on food sales.
Kristi Noem: Repeal state's 4.5% tax on food sales.
War & Peace|
Lee Bright: Intervention in Syria would help the Muslim Brotherhood.
Lindsey Graham: Intervention in Syria to degrade Assad's chemical weapons.
Lindsey Graham: Getting Syria wrong leads to Iranian nukes & war with Israel.
Nancy Mace: Intervention in Syria would bolster al-Qaida.
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles in U.S. News and World Report.