Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Denver Westword News
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Denver Westword News (number of quotes indicated):
- Alice Madden (7) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- Angela Williams (6) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- Cary Kennedy (5) Colorado Democratic candidate for Governor
- Dan Baer (6) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- Doug Robinson (4) Colorado Republican candidate for Governor
- George Brauchler (2) Colorado Republican candidate for Governor
- Jared Polis (1) Colorado Democratic candidate for Colorado Governor
- Mike Johnston (5) Colorado Democratic candidate for Governor
- Steve Barlock (3) Colorado Republican candidate for Colorado Governor
- Walker Stapleton (2) Colorado Republican candidate for governor of Colorado
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in Denver Westword News:
- Westword, "Meet Michael Bennet's GOP Opponents--Including One Who Hates Office Equipment," by Michael Roberts, October 7, 2021
- HB21-1216: Westword, "Tracking Colorado's Marijuana and Hemp Bills in 2021," by Thomas Mitchell, June 11, 2021
- (On 2022_CO_Gov): "When Will Governor Polis Use His Mass Marijuana Pardon Power?," by Thomas Mitchell, September 25, 2020
- (On Walker Stapleton): Westword.com on 2018 Colorado gubernatorial race, 4/13/2018 & 6/23/2018
- (On 2018_CO_Gov): "Meet Greg Lopez, Underdog Governor Candidate Who's Shaking Up the Race," Michael Roberts, May 23, 2018
- (On George Brauchler): Westword.com coverage of 2018 Colorado gubernatorial race, 8/21/2017
- (On Steve Barlock): Westword.com on 2018 Colorado gubernatorial race, 8/17/2017
- (On Doug Robinson): Westword.com on 2018 Colorado gubernatorial race, 4/25/2017
- (On George Brauchler): Westword.com on 2018 Colorado Gubernatorial race, 4/7/2017
- (On Cary Kennedy): Westword.com on 2018 Colorado gubernatorial race, 3/30/2017
- (On Mike Johnston): Westword interview on 2018 Colorado Gubernatorial race, 1/25/2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Walker Stapleton: Balanced budgets in private career & then as state treasurer.
Doug Robinson: Use our budget more effectively, instead of raising taxes.
Cary Kennedy: Balanced budget after citizens vote on taxes.
Dan Baer: I'm lucky to have grown up gay, but there's still work to do.
Mike Johnston: Participated in Women's March in Denver.
Angela Williams: Get compensation for the wrongly convicted.
Angela Williams: Introduced bill to repeal the death penalty.
Mike Johnston: Reduce sentencing disparities; ban police chokeholds.
Jared Polis: Signed law allowing mass pardon for minor marijuana offenses.
George Brauchler: Pot law has not ended criminal activity.
Steve Barlock: Will follow state law on pot.
Doug Robinson: Opposed Amendment 64: youth usage of drugs is too high.
Alice Madden: Drive more money into K-12 and higher education.
Dan Baer: Education is a social benefit & an investment in our country.
Doug Robinson: In education, more choice makes more competition.
Cary Kennedy: Make college more affordable, including tech & vocational.
Mike Johnston: Keep up with innovation: 2 years of free college or training.
Mike Johnston: National Guard service in exchange for state college tuition.
Energy & Oil|
Alice Madden: Dire need to forge solutions to the climate crisis.
Alice Madden: Sense of urgency to act on addressing climate change.
Angela Williams: Passed bill reducing greenhouse gas emissions in Colorado.
Dan Baer: Address climate change, but not the Green New Deal.
Steve Barlock: State should not pick favorites in clean energy.
Alice Madden: Sense of urgency to act on saving the environment.
Families & Children|
Angela Williams: Lemonade-stand law: legalize businesses of minors.
Cary Kennedy: Supports foster care via faith-based organizations.
Dan Baer: Served as US ambassador to OSCE & multilateral organizations.
Dan Baer: Tackle corruption and role of big money in politics.
Mike Johnston: No PAC money when running as state senator or as governor.
Alice Madden: Gun safety in the wake of school shootings.
Alice Madden: Grow toward a public option.
Angela Williams: Make sure everyone has access to affordable health care.
Dan Baer: Address insurance non-coverage, but no single-payer system.
George Brauchler: Increase Medicaid co-pays to change behavior.
Angela Williams: Let undocumented students attend state college.
Steve Barlock: Hardline against illegal immigration.
Cary Kennedy: Keep local cops out of immigration.
Principles & Values|
Alice Madden: Withdrew from race when former governor declared candidacy.
Cary Kennedy: Rural areas need transportation & broadband infrastructure.
War & Peace|
Doug Robinson: Trump is right with strong response on Syria.
Welfare & Poverty|
Walker Stapleton: Random drug testing for people on public assistance.
The above quotations are from Denver Westword News.