Betty Sutton on Gun Control
Close the Gun Show Loophole; restrict show sales.
Sutton signed H.R.2324& S.843
Makes it unlawful for any person to operate a gun show unless such person:
Imposes recordkeeping requirements on gun show operators and criminal penalties for failure to register as a gun show operator and maintain required records. Increases criminal penalties for serious recordkeeping violations and violations of criminal background check requirements. Authorizes the Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) to hire additional investigators to carry out inspections of gun shows.
Source: Gun Show Loophole Closing Act 09-HR2324 on May 7, 2009
- has attained 21 years of age;
- is not prohibited from transporting, shipping, or receiving firearms and has not violated any federal firearms requirements;
- has registered with the Attorney General as a gun show operator and has provided a photograph and fingerprints;
- has not concealed material information nor made false statements in connection with a gun show operator registration; and
- notifies the Attorney General of the date, time, and duration of a gun show not later than 30 days before the commencement of such show and verifies the identity of each vendor at the gun show.
Page last updated: Aug 18, 2018