Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Oregon Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 OR Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bud Pierce (8) Oregon Republican Gubernatorial candidate
- Casey Kulla (5) Oregon Democratic challenger for Governor
- Nicholas Kristof (9) Oregon Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Tina Kotek (10) Oregon Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Tobias Read (7) Oregon Democratic Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Oregon Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Blue Mountain Eagle, "Oregon gubernatorial candidate Christine Drazan meets with voters in John Day," by Steven Mitchell, Jan 12, 2022
- Eugene Weekly, "Building on a Foundation," by Henry Houston, 11/24/2021
- LGBTQ Nation, "Oregon's Tina Kotek could be the country's first out lesbian governor," by Molly Sprayregen, November 18, 2021
- Willamette Week, "Oregon State Treasurer Tobias Read Has Made No Enemies," by Rachel Monahan and Nigel Jaquiss, October 27, 2021
- KGW-TV 8-NBC, "Former New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof will run for Oregon governor," by John Tierney & Laural Porter, October 27, 2021
- The Oregonian, "Nicholas Kristof, former New York Times columnist, formally announces he is running for ," by Hillary Borrud, Oct. 27, 2021
- CBS News, "Former New York Times columnist Nick Kristof officially launches run for Oregon governor," by Adam Brewster, October 27, 2021
- Willamette Week, "Tina Kotek, the Longest-Serving House Speaker in Oregon History, Makes Her Case for the State's Top Job," by Rachel Monahan and Nigel Jaquiss, October 20, 2021
- Portland Monthly, "Tina Kotek Has Been Ready for Her Close-Up," by Julia Silverman, October 15, 2021
- FOX News, "Ex-NYT columnist, potential Oregon gubernatorial candidate Nicholas Kristof once downplayed Portland violence," by Joseph A. Wulfsohn, Oct. 14, 2021
- The Oregonian, "Editorial: Oregon Democrats' anti-democratic power play," Sep. 24, 2021
- Willamette Week, "Democratic Leaders Allowed an Oregon Lawmaker to Earmark $4 Million in Public Money for an Anti-Abortion Group," by Sophie Peel, September 15, 2021
- The Oregon Way, "Outside the Box Should be the Norm: Rethinking Red Tape and Welcoming New Oregonians," by Casey Kulla, Aug 24 2021
- Marijuana Moment, "Bipartisan State Treasurers Call For Marijuana Banking Protections In Next Coronavirus Bill," by Kyle Jaeger, July 9, 2020
- Portland Tribune, "In race to be Oregon governor, Democrats get first contender," by Ryan Clarke, July 06, 2021
- KGW-TV 8-NBC, "New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof reflects on growing up in Oregon and the struggles of rural America," by Laural Porter, June 11, 2021
- Oregon Public Broadcasting, "Will Oregon divest from fossil fuels?," by Julie Sabatier, June 3, 2021
- New York Times, "How Do We Stop the Parade of Gun Deaths?," by Nicholas Kristof, April 3, 2021
- KGW-TV NBC-8, "Yamhill County becomes Second Amendment sanctuary," by Dan Haggerty, March 30, 2021
- Oregon Oncology Specialists, "Our Team: Bud Pierce, MD, Ph.D.," 1/6/21
- The Salem Statesman Journal, "Salem's Bud Pierce to run for Oregon governor in 2022," by Connor Radnovich, December 2, 2020
- KGW-8 NBC-TV, "Selma Pierce, Salem community leader and wife of 2016 governor nominee Bud Pierce, dies," December 1, 2020
- Democratic Governor's Association, "Statement on Bud Pierce's Decision to Enter Oregon Governor's Race," December 1, 2020
- New York Times, "Republicans and Democrats Agree: End the War on Drugs," by Nicholas Kristof, Nov. 7, 2020
- Portland Tribune, "PERS reform passes after Speaker whips last-minute votes," by Claire Withycombe and Aubrey Wieber, May 30, 2019
- Capital Press, "The marijuana farmer next door," by Mateusz Perkowski, Aug 3, 2017
- Oregon Public Broadcasting, "Bud Pierce Calls for Big Cut In State Employment," by Jeff Mapes, Oct. 12, 2016
- Oregon Public Broadcasting, "Pierce Booed for Sexual Assault Remarks, Later Apologizes," by Jeff Mapes and Bradley W. Parks, Oct. 1, 2016
- Willamette Week, "5 Things You Didn't Know About Bud Pierce," by Nigel Jaquiss, Sept. 20, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tina Kotek: Worked to ensure full access to reproductive health care.
Budget & Economy|
Bud Pierce: Cut government workforce instead of raising taxes.
Tina Kotek: Came out in early 20s; been with wife for 17 years.
Tina Kotek: Police not trained to deal with a mental health crisis.
Nicholas Kristof: Violence in Portland due to Feds more than protestors.
Bud Pierce: Says successful women not subject to abuse, then apologizes.
Tobias Read: Led bipartisan coalition for cannabis industry banking.
Casey Kulla: Added marijuana crop to his organic vegetable farm.
Nicholas Kristof: War on drugs one of America's greatest mistakes.
Nicholas Kristof: Decriminalize to steer addicted people into treatment.
Tobias Read: Extend the school year so kids have year-round learning.
Nicholas Kristof: Make education a priority; make sure kids don't drop out.
Nicholas Kristof: Companies won't invest here if schools aren't top-notch.
Energy & Oil|
Tobias Read: Investing in clean energy and green jobs a top priority.
Tina Kotek: State on its way to meet renewable energy goal by 2040.
Tobias Read: Supports smart regulations that address climate change.
Bud Pierce: Democrats OpEd: He would undo measures on climate change.
Casey Kulla: Increase business regulations to limit environmental harm.
Families & Children|
Tobias Read: Measure our progress by how well Oregon's children are doing.
Tina Kotek: Supported gerrymandered Congressional map.
Nicholas Kristof: No strong evidence that assault weapons ban saved lives.
Nicholas Kristof: Use executive action to crack down on ghost guns.
Casey Kulla: Not our job to make county 2nd Amendment sanctuary.
Tobias Read: Strongly supports vaccine mandates by businesses, schools.
Nicholas Kristof: Poor mental healthcare, wages, housing are major problems.
Tina Kotek: We will move the needle on more recovery services.
Bud Pierce: Enlisted in Marines to see if he was tough enough.
Casey Kulla: Oregon should welcome arrival of Afghan refugees.
Principles & Values|
Tina Kotek: A person of faith, I believe there's equality among us all.
Tina Kotek: Oregon is a state that has allowed me to be myself.
Casey Kulla: Stop movement away from democracy & toward extremism.
Bud Pierce: From childhood, wanted to become a doctor.
Bud Pierce: Wife killed in tragic traffic accident.
Bud Pierce: Yanked Trump endorsement; history of working with Democrats.
Tobias Read: Created first opt-out retirement plan in the country.
Tina Kotek: Reduced pension contribution for long-term solution.
Bud Pierce: Reduce taxes and regulations on small businesses.
Welfare & Poverty|
Nicholas Kristof: More than a quarter of childhood friends are dead.
Tina Kotek: We need both homeless shelters and long-term solutions.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bud Pierce Oregon Republican Gubernatorial candidate
- Casey Kulla Oregon Democratic challenger for Governor
- Nicholas Kristof Oregon Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Tina Kotek Oregon Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Tobias Read Oregon Democratic Challenger
The above quotations are from 2022 Oregon Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: