Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Oklahoma Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 OK Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Ervin Yen (8) Oklahoma Republican challenger for Governor
- Joy Hofmeister (12) Oklahoma Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Oklahoma Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs, "Oklahoma Providers Increase After Anti-Christian Regs Blocked," by Ray Carter, June 28, 2022
- Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs, "Hofmeister Sends Mixed Messages on Bathroom Policy," by Ray Carter, April 25, 2022
- Tahlequah Daily Press, "Hofmeister disagrees with Stitt on tribal issues," by James Beaty McAlester, Dec 14, 2021
- Tulsa World, "Oklahoma tribes might be more active in 2022 governor's race," by Bob Doucette, Nov 22, 2021
- KFOR-4-TV Oklahoma's News, "Reactions to State of Oklahoma's execution of John Grant by lethal injection," by Hicham Raache, Oct 28, 2021
- The Frontier, "Hofmeister is running as a Democrat. Would she govern like one?," by Ben Felder, October 22, 2021
- The Oklahoman, "Second Oklahoma gubernatorial candidate changes political affiliation, abandons GOP," by Carmen Forman, Oct 19, 2021
- The Black Wall Street Times, "Education Superintendent Switches from R to Dem to Run for Oklahoma Governor," by Erika Stone, October 7, 2021
- Tulsa World, "Joy Hofmeister to flip parties, challenge Kevin Stitt for governor in 2022," by Andrea Eger & Randy Krehbiel, Oct 7, 2021
- The Journal Record, "Hamilton: The show is underway--candidates starting 2022 campaigns," by Arnold Hamilton, November 12, 2020
- KOCO-5 ABC News, "Former state Sen. Ervin Yen officially announces campaign for Oklahoma governor," Nov 8, 2020
- OKC Friday, "Yen Cites Stance on Pot, Immunizations For Primary Loss," by Mike W. Ray, Jul 06, 2018
- (More race coverage soon in the coming months...)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Joy Hofmeister: Personally pro-life; against extremism on both sides.
Joy Hofmeister: Personal decision between woman, her doctor and her faith.
Joy Hofmeister: Listen to perspective and priorities of tribal nations.
Joy Hofmeister: Suspend death penalty until it be properly carried out.
Ervin Yen: Opposes medical marijuana without qualifying conditions.
Joy Hofmeister: My focus will be on education, particularly public schools.
Energy & Oil|
Joy Hofmeister: Support Oklahoma business, including oil and gas industry.
Families & Children|
Ervin Yen: Has pressed for increasing vaccinations of school children.
Joy Hofmeister: I'm an Oklahoman; I have a conceal and carry permit.
Ervin Yen: Opposed permitless carry bill.
Joy Hofmeister: Supported Medicaid expansion under Obamacare.
Joy Hofmeister: COVID: I'd have listened to experts instead of changing them.
Ervin Yen: COVID: Oklahoma desperately needs a mask mandate.
Ervin Yen: Privatizing Medicaid is simply a bad idea.
Ervin Yen: Mandate masks and mandate vaccines for coronavirus.
Principles & Values|
Ervin Yen: I have not changed; the Republican Party has.
Joy Hofmeister: Lifelong Republican became Democrat to challenge incumbent.
Joy Hofmeister: Throughout my life, I've valued hard work and perseverance.
Ervin Yen: Reason for running: state's lack of response to COVID.
Joy Hofmeister: Fiscally conservative but praised tax boosting teacher pay.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Ervin Yen Oklahoma Republican challenger for Governor
- Joy Hofmeister Oklahoma Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
The above quotations are from 2022 Oklahoma Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: