Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Maryland Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 MD Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Chaffee (16) Republican challenger Maryland
- Chris Van Hollen (18) Democratic Senate candidate Maryland
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Maryland Senate debates and race coverage:
- CNN Politics: "More than half of Republican Senate nominees have rejected, cast doubt upon or tried to overturn the 2020 election results," by Daniel Dale, September 15, 2022, (Link)
- NBC: Meet the Press: Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.); moderated by Chuck Todd, August 7, 2022, (Link)
- FOX 5 DC, "ON THE HILL: Maryland Sen. Chris Van Hollen discusses Inflation Reduction Act," August 7, 2022
- The Hill, "Van Hollen says China's Xi manufactured crisis over Pelosi trip to Taiwan," by Brad Dress, 08/07/22
- Maryland Matters, "Colin Byrd: America Needs an Infrastructure Bill, But This One Needs a Massive Makeover, Not a Rubber Stamp," by Colin Byrd, August 6, 2021, (Link)
- The Diamondback, "Greenbelt Mayor and former UMD student Colin Byrd announces run for U.S. Senate," by Eric Neugeboren, March 8, 2021, (Link)
- Counterpunch.org political e-zine, "The U.S. Struggle for Justice for Palestine Begins a New Chapter," by Mary Miller & Ariel Gold, July 17, 2020
- The Baynet, "U.S. Senate GOP candidate Chris Chaffee," by Dick Myers, April 17, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Chris Chaffee: Not taking women's rights, returning rights to the UNBORN.
Chris Van Hollen: Fierce defender of a woman's right to reproductive choice.
Chris Van Hollen: Co-sponsored bill protecting right to travel for abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Chris Chaffee: Democrats want to push you into Government handouts.
Chris Van Hollen: Proud to have supported the bipartisan infrastructure bill.
Chris Van Hollen: Fighting for gender and LGBT equality.
Chris Van Hollen: Not fair that 50 biggest corporations paid zero income tax.
Chris Chaffee: Close the borders; go after opioid dealers.
Chris Van Hollen: Allow those with drug convictions to get college tax credit.
Chris Van Hollen: For universal pre-K, invest in public schools.
Chris Chaffee: Teach children 10 Commandments, not gender identification.
Energy & Oil|
Chris Chaffee: Open American production; stop selling reserves overseas.
Chris Van Hollen: Create national green bank to finance clean energy projects.
Chris Van Hollen: Require polluters to pay to clean up their messes.
Chris Van Hollen: China manufactured crisis over Pelosi visit to Taiwan.
Chris Van Hollen: Signed letter opposing Israeli annexation of territories.
Chris Chaffee: Iran nuclear deal was not good for America.
Chris Chaffee: If you see "Made in China," put it down.
Chris Van Hollen: Counter illegal trade practices of China and others.
Chris Chaffee: Maryland Drop Boxes illegal, elections compromised.
Chris Chaffee: Elections should be one day, end the early elections.
Chris Van Hollen: Fortify democracy against the "Big Lie," voter suppression.
Chris Van Hollen: Won't rest until we end epidemic of gun violence.
Chris Chaffee: A big fat no to federal red flag law.
Chris Van Hollen: Ensure universal access to affordable health care.
Chris Van Hollen: Let Medicare negotiate prescription drug prices.
Chris Chaffee: Obama depleted military; must rebuild.
Chris Van Hollen: Co-sponsor of comprehensive immigration reform initiatives.
Chris Chaffee: Need to have better control over who is admitted to country.
Chris Chaffee: Pressure to raise minimum wage hurts economy.
Principles & Values|
Chris Chaffee: Never Forget the power of God.
Chris Chaffee: A special thank you to all of Gods people for nomination.
Chris Van Hollen: End tax giveaways to the super wealthy, invest in country.
War & Peace|
Chris Chaffee: Opposes financial aid for "Ukraine's war with Russia".
The above quotations are from 2022 Maryland Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Van Hollen up for re-election in 2022:
Incumbent Chris Van Hollen(D)
Previous Senate debates:
2018 Maryland Senate debates:
2016 Maryland Senate debates, Van Hollen vs.Szeliga vs.Flowers
2012 Maryland Senate debates Sobhani & Bongino vs. Cardin
2006 Maryland Senate debate, Cardin vs. Steele vs. Zeese
2004 Maryland Senate debates, Mikulski vs. Pipkin