Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Iowa Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 IA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Cindy Axne (8) Democrat U.S. Rep Iowa- 3
- Deidre DeJear (9) Iowa Democratic challenger for Governor
- Kim Reynolds (5) Iowa Republican
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Iowa Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Iowa Starting Line, "Iowa Leaders Respond to SCOTUS Abortion Rights Opinion Draft," by Amie Rivers, May 3, 2022
- Iowa Torch, "Reynolds signs bill restricting women's sports to biological women," by Shane Vander Hart, March 3, 2022
- Des Moines Register, "Gov. Kim Reynolds changing process to receive unemployment benefits: More job searches to be required," by Ian Richardson, 10/20/21
- Associated Press, "Iowa governor declines to help house migrant children," by David Pitt, April 8, 2021
- Raccoon Valley Radio, "Rep. Axne Against Changes to Voting in Iowa," by Dustin Teays, March 9, 2021
- Des Moines Register, "Gov. Kim Reynolds signs law shortening Iowa's early and Election Day voting," Stephen Gruber-Miller, 3/8/21
- KWWL News-7-NBC, "Iowa governor joins opposition on funding strategy in new stimulus bill," by Taylor Vessel, Feb 27, 2021
- Letter from Five Republican governors in Washington Post: "Our states stayed open in the covid-19 pandemic. Here's why our approach worked," by Governors Mark Gordon, Pete Ricketts, Asa Hutchinson, Kim Reynolds and Mike Parson, May 5, 2020
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Deidre DeJear: Ensure every Iowan has access to reproductive care they need.
Budget & Economy|
Deidre DeJear: Implement a true, comprehensive economic plan.
Kim Reynolds: Wants state stimulus based on population, not unemployment.
Deidre DeJear: I stand with Trans girls, your rights are non-negotiable.
Cindy Axne: Voted for the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act.
Deidre DeJear: It is time to fully fund our education system at every level.
Energy & Oil|
Deidre DeJear: Protect environment while creating renewable energy jobs.
Cindy Axne: Biofuels should be part of clean energy economy.
Families & Children|
Cindy Axne: Make changes to Child Tax Credit permanent.
Deidre DeJear: Ensure the protection of all Iowans' voting rights.
Cindy Axne: For campaign finance reform, expanding voting rights.
Kim Reynolds: Cut early voting period; close polls an hour earlier.
Cindy Axne: Disgusted at Iowa reducing number of early voting days.
Deidre DeJear: Quality affordable healthcare, mental health imperative.
Kim Reynolds: Kept state "open for business" during pandemic.
Cindy Axne: Introduced bill supporting rural veteran mental health care.
Kim Reynolds: Migrant children not our problem, different under Trump.
Kim Reynolds: Double required job searches; drop federal benefits early.
Cindy Axne: Co-sponsored National Apprenticeship Act to expand programs.
Cindy Axne: Close gender wage gap, challenge wage discrimination.
Deidre DeJear: Rural communities are integral to the success of our state.
Deidre DeJear: Expand broadband, increase speeds, welcome technology jobs.
The above quotations are from 2022 Iowa Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: