Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Alabama Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 AL Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Brandaun Dean (3) Democratic Senate Challenger Alabama
- Jessica Taylor (6) Republican Senate Challenger Alabama
- John Merrill (2) Republican Senate Challenger Alabama
- Katie Britt (4) Republican Challenger Alabama
- Lynda Blanchard (18) Alabama Republican Challenger
- Mike Durant (13) Republican Challenger Alabama
- Mo Brooks (12) Republican Challenger Alabama
- Terri Sewell (8) Democrat U.S. Rep Alabama-7
- Will Boyd (17) Democratic Senate Challenger Alabama
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Alabama Senate debates and race coverage:
- The Reckon Report, "Immigration in Alabama: An issue guide for voters," by Christopher Harress, May 16, 2022
- FOX News, "'Black Hawk Down' pilot Mike Durant aims for Alabama Senate seat, lauds American principles over liberal media," by Brandon Gillespie, January 19, 2022
- Yellowhammer News, "Katie Britt signs Taxpayer Protection Pledge vowing to oppose any tax increase as U.S. Senator," by Dylan Smith, 8/16/21
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Brandaun Dean is the first Democrat running for U.S. Senate," by Brandon Moseley, July 20, 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Katie Britt supports Ivey's position on banning Critical Race Theory in public schools," by Brandon Moseley, July 15, 2021
- Yellowhammer News, "Katie Britt talks about her faith with Michael Yaffee--'Jesus Christ is the most important thing in life'," by Tim Howe, 7/9/21
- Yellowhammer News, "5 questions with Katie Britt--Immigration, court packing, rural Alabama and more," by Tim Howe, 6/24/21
- U.S. Embassy in Slovenia. "Ambassador Lynda C. Blanchard," 5/9/21
- Newsmax, "Mo Brooks to Newsmax TV: We Must Stand Up for Law and Order," by Theodore Bunker, 23 April 2021
- Politico.com, "Mo Brooks nabs Trump endorsement in Alabama Senate race," by Alex Isenstadt, 04/07/2021
- Birmingham News, "Mo Brooks suggests MLB boycott: Republicans are 'most likely able to afford' baseball tickets," by Ashley Remkus, Apr 03, 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Congressman Brooks introduces bill to make E-Verify mandatory," by Brandon Moseley, April 2, 2021
- Yellow Hammer News, "A man in a skirt is not a woman--It is an abomination," Guest Opinion by Lynda Blanchard, candidate for AL Senate, April 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "ELECTIONS Q&A with Congressman Mo Brooks on his Senate campaign," by Brandon Moseley, March 25, 2021
- Propublica.org, "Mo Brooks Compared Biden's Election to the Start of the Civil War. Now He Wants a Senate Seat," by Isaac Arnsdorf, March 22, 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Sewell votes in favor of American Rescue Plan coronavirus relief bill," by Brandon Moseley, 3/1/21
- Reuters News Service, "Congressional delegation to visit Amazon facility in Alabama to support union vote," by Nandita Bose & David Shepardson, March 1, 2021
- Facebook page Blanchard4Sen, "Lynda Blanchard for U.S. Senate" (downloaded March 2021)
- NBC Boston, "Alabama's 1st Black Congresswoman on the Sacrifices of the Elder Generation," February 24, 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "League of Conservation Voters gives Sewell highest score in congressional delegation," by Brandon Moseley, February 22, 2021
- The Birmingham News: "Alabama Rep. Terri Sewell to run for Richard Shelby's Senate seat? 'We'll look very closely at it'," by Mary Colurso, Feb 20, 2021
- Fox News Politics, "Trump's ambassador to Slovenia launches Senate bid in Alabama," by Paul Steinhauser, February 18, 2021
- Auburn Alumni newsletter, "Opening International Doors: Lynda Blanchard '91," by Derek Herscovici, Jan 28, 2021
- Alabama Secretary of State website, sos.alabama.gov, "Biography", downloaded Jan. 2021
- Daily Princetonian, "U.S. Rep. Terri Sewell '86 becomes first African American woman to receive Whig-Clio's James Madison Award," by Ashley Fan, December 20, 2020
- Highland County Press, "'No Social Security for Illegal Aliens Act of 2020' introduced," January 13, 2020
- Birmingham News (AL.com), "Florence minister Will Boyd a pro-gun Democrat for Senate," by Lee Roop, Jun. 13, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Will Boyd: Funding for organizations providing women's healthcare.
Mike Durant: 100% pro-life, overturn Roe v. Wade; opposes choice.
Lynda Blanchard: Sanctity of life for all God's children, born and unborn.
Budget & Economy|
Mike Durant: Cut costs, cut programs, get to a balanced budget.
Terri Sewell: Frontline cities need more direct COVID assistance.
Jessica Taylor: I'm a big supporter of the free market.
Mo Brooks: 2010: Trend towards socialism will bankrupt America.
Will Boyd: Close the gender wage gap & champion race relations.
Will Boyd: Add LGBTQIA to the Civil Rights Act of 1965.
Mike Durant: Radicals redefine American values with Critical Race Theory.
Katie Britt: Supports equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome.
Lynda Blanchard: Radical attempts to force transgender agenda an abomination.
Lynda Blanchard: No one can choose gender because God made that choice.
Terri Sewell: Backed Congressional Medal for 1963 church bombing victims.
John Merrill: 2016: Recognized by the ACLU as the Champion for Democracy.
Mo Brooks: 2014: Democrats wage war on whites.
Mo Brooks: Stay out of politics or adopt pro-America positions.
Will Boyd: Seek equal sentences for equal justice.
Mo Brooks: Stand up for law and order, back law enforcement community.
Mo Brooks: Allow doctors and patients right-to-try medical marijuana.
Will Boyd: Ensure that no public dollars go to support private schools.
Will Boyd: Close gap between cost of living and cost of education.
Jessica Taylor: Will end brainwashing of children with Critical Race Theory.
Energy & Oil|
Will Boyd: Invest in renewable energy, but include coal in the mix.
Brandaun Dean: For Green New Deal, reparations won't help living in bubbles.
Lynda Blanchard: Democrats trying to force Green New Deal on American People.
Lynda Blanchard: Climate fanatics are no better than snake oil salesman.
Jessica Taylor: Let the private sector handle climate change.
Will Boyd: Ensure access to clean drinking water and clean air for all.
Terri Sewell: League of Conservation Voters: highest score from Alabama.
Families & Children|
Will Boyd: Oppose efforts to limit Family and Medical Leave Act.
Lynda Blanchard: Improved the lives of thousands of families in 16 countries.
Lynda Blanchard: An advocate for people with special needs.
Lynda Blanchard: Ambassadors bring bilateral relationships to next level.
Will Boyd: Oppose agreements without recognized workers' rights.
Mike Durant: 100% pro-Trump, wants to get tougher with China on trade.
Jessica Taylor: For free trade, but China has been a bad actor.
Will Boyd: Support all efforts to end voter suppression.
Mike Durant: We were robbed of Trump's second term; can't happen again.
Katie Britt: Fight senseless federal regulations, overreach and red tape.
Lynda Blanchard: Election reform bill is a socialist wish list.
Lynda Blanchard: DC statehood & Court-packing are power grabs.
Mo Brooks: Democrats stole election: pretty much it for our country.
Terri Sewell: Voting Rights Act protects voices of the minority.
Mike Durant: Will fight for Constitutional Carry, opposes red flag laws.
Lynda Blanchard: Against restrictions on the 2nd Amendment.
Lynda Blanchard: Executive order an assault on law abiding gun owners.
Mo Brooks: Socialists hope for mass gun confiscations.
Will Boyd: I want you to have as many guns as you want.
Will Boyd: Support a health care program affordable to all.
Mike Durant: Opposes mask and vaccine mandates; should be free choice.
Jessica Taylor: Would vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
Mike Durant: Strong national defense force important to Alabama economy.
Lynda Blanchard: Ending transgender ban will turn military into MTV show.
Will Boyd: Pathway to citizenship; undocumented shouldn't have to leave.
Mike Durant: Build the wall, no pathway to citizenship for "illegals".
Brandaun Dean: As mayor, declared Brighton, Alabama a sanctuary city.
Lynda Blanchard: Trump not to blame for border crisis; build the wall!
Mo Brooks: Don't flood labor market with cheap foreign labor.
Will Boyd: Support Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act.
Will Boyd: Raise minimum wage to $20, then to a Living Wage.
Lynda Blanchard: Dangerous socialists try to force workers into unions.
Mo Brooks: Mandate employers use E-Verify with harsh penalties.
Terri Sewell: Supports Amazon workers voting on whether to unionize.
Principles & Values|
Mike Durant: America is a beacon of hope and freedom for entire world.
Jessica Taylor: Flames of liberty make our country a shining city on a hill.
Brandaun Dean: I am Christian, I am open to other faiths.
Katie Britt: Jesus Christ most important thing in life, then family.
Lynda Blanchard: Seek divine guidance in all we do, including government.
Lynda Blanchard: MAGA Agenda here to stay; it's America First.
Mo Brooks: Trump endorsement: Brooks has COURAGE and FIGHT.
Mo Brooks: Spoke at rally: start taking down names and kicking ass.
Lynda Blanchard: Culture war will be won or lost over "transgender agenda".
Terri Sewell: Black women need a seat at the table.
John Merrill: Eagle Scout and involved with Boy Scouts of America.
Terri Sewell: Received Princeton distinguished public service award.
Terri Sewell: More things that combine and bind us than separate us.
Will Boyd: Oppose privatization of Social Security; protect benefits.
Mo Brooks: Introduced No Social Security for Illegal Aliens Act.
Katie Britt: Signed pledge: will not support any tax increases.
Mike Durant: Big Tech has censored the voices of conservatives.
War & Peace|
Mike Durant: Held as POW in Somalia when his Blackhawk was shot down.
Mike Durant: Should have declared victory in Afghanistan.
The above quotations are from 2022 Alabama Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Shelby up for re-election in 2022; Senate debates:
Incumbent Richard Shelby(R,retiring)
vs.U.S. Rep. Mo Brooks(R,lost runoff)
vs.Shelby staffer Katie Britt(R nominee)
vs.Ambassador Lynda Blanchard(R,ran for Governor instead)
State Rep. John Merrill(R,withdrew)
vs.Will Boyd(D, nominee)
Former Senators & Senate races:
2020 Alabama Senate debate:
vs. John Rogers(D)
Special election to replace Sen. Sessions in 2017:
2017 Alabama Senate debate,
2016 Alabama Senate debates, Shelby vs.Crumpton
2014 Alabama Senate "debates", Sessions unopposed
2008 Alabama Senate debate, Sessions vs. Figures
Sen. Tim Hutchinson (R, 1997-2003)