Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 West Virginia Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 WV Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Jim Justice (9) West Virginia Democratic governor
- Michael Folk (10) West Virginia Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Ron Stollings (3) West Virginia Democratic candidate for governor
- Stephen Noble Smith (1) West Virginia Democratic 2020 Gubernatorial Challenger
- Woody Thrasher (9) West Virginia Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
West Virginia 2020 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Huntington Herald-Dispatch, "Foster care system needs state attention," Jan 8, 2020
- Charleston Gazette-Mail, "Health care, education, economy keys to future," by Ron Stollings, Dec 23, 2019
- WTRF Valley Grove, "Thrasher lays out his plan to defeat Governor Justice in primary," by John Lynch, Dec 5, 2019
- WVLiving.com, "You Haven't Heard the Last of Stephen Smith," by Zack Haroldno, Fall 2018
- W.V. MetroNews, "Thrasher's opioid addiction plan includes capital punishment," by Brad McElhinny, October 24, 2019
- The Intelligencer / Wheeling News-Register, "Thrasher Campaign Kicking Into High Gear," by Steven Allen Adam, Oct 6, 2019
- W.V. MetroNews, "Stollings to Run for Governor," by Jeff Jenkins, September 23, 2019
- MyBuckhannon.com, "Gunning for governor: Thrasher, Folk field questions at CWVRW meeting," by Beth Christian Broschart, 8/27/19
- WVPress.org, "W.Va. Gubernatorial Candidate Folk issues statement on 'red flag' gun laws," Aug. 7, 2019
- Constant Contact press release, "Thrasher Unveils Sustainable Roads Plan," July 9, 2019
- Constant Contact press release, "Thrasher Praises Final Affordable Clean Energy Rule," June 20, 2019
- W.V. MetroNews, "Thrasher: Education reform vital for state to retain talent," June 16, 2019
- W.V. MetroNews, "Justice surprised by DeVos tweet in favor of W.Va. school choice initiatives," by Brad McElhinny, June 02, 2019
- The Intercept, "Powered by the People," by Aída Chavez, May 18, 2019
- The Intelligencer, "Jim Justice Responds to Criticism in 'Blunt' Terms," by Steven Allen Adams, Apr 14, 2019
- Beckley Register-Herald, "State agency focused on human rights understaffed," by Erin Beck, Mar 28, 2019
- W.V. MetroNews, "Justice signs Social Security tax bill as officials declare victory," by Jake Flatley, March 28, 2019
- The Huntington Herald-Dispatch, "Women's health bills head to governor's desk," by Erin Beck, Mar 9, 2019
- The Herald-Dispatch, "Tobacco use restrictions pass Senate," by Taylor Stuck, Feb 28, 2019
- Herald-Mail, "Former Delegate Michael Folk to announce run for governor," by Matthew Umstead, Feb 5, 2019
- The Daily Caller, "Justice Tells Democrats To Grow Up And Come To The Table On Immigration," by Nick Givas, Jan 24, 2019
- Martinsburg Herald-Mail, "Justice proposes elimination of Social Security tax," by Tim Shea, Jan 10, 2019
- Charleston Gazette-Mail, "The two West Virginias," by Stephen Smith, Jan 10, 2019
- Beckley Register-Herald, "Governor appoints WV NAACP-condemned former delegate to head minority affairs office," by Erin Beck, Dec 4, 2018
- White House press release, "WTAS: Support for President Trump's Successful Trade Negotiations with Mexico and Canada," Oct. 2, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Michael Folk: Support free enterprise, job creation, and tax reform.
Woody Thrasher: Delays lead to roads needing to be rebuilt, not repaired.
Jim Justice: State human rights commission is understaffed & underfunded.
Jim Justice: Governor's Minority Affairs director condemned by NAACP.
Jim Justice: Jobs & Hope: $29.7 million to guide people in recovery.
Michael Folk: Government can't solve drug problem; only community can.
Ron Stollings: Addiction is a disease; integrate recovery into primary care.
Stephen Noble Smith: Rapidly expand access to drug treatment services.
Woody Thrasher: Execute drug dealers whose sales result in death.
Woody Thrasher: Addiction is a disease; but no compassion for dealers.
Ron Stollings: Establish the Governor's Office of Substance Abuse.
Michael Folk: Led push to force vote to legalize medical marijuana.
Michael Folk: Repeal Common Core and Testing.
Woody Thrasher: For charter schools; not sure on education savings accounts.
Jim Justice: Cool to education savings accounts & charter schools.
Jim Justice: Supports education, with focus on public school teachers.
Energy & Oil|
Woody Thrasher: Praise for ending "Obama's war on coal".
Jim Justice: Supports USMCA trade agreement to replace NAFTA.
Michael Folk: Government is not the answer.
Michael Folk: Red flag gun laws unconstitutional & unacceptable.
Michael Folk: Abolish "Certificate of Need" law as anti-competitive.
Michael Folk: We need a free market in health care.
Jim Justice: Attacks Democrats for not supporting border security.
Woody Thrasher: State must help diversify economy.
Woody Thrasher: WV needs jobs or we'll keep losing population.
Michael Folk: Eliminate state tax on Social Security.
Jim Justice: Signs law phasing out tax on Social Security for most.
Jim Justice: Eliminate state tax on Social Security benefits.
Woody Thrasher: We are not in favor of tax increases.
Michael Folk: Don't raise taxes on shrinking population.
Ron Stollings: Invest in infrastructure and site development.
Woody Thrasher: More Internet infrastructure, to keep young people in W.V.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Jim Justice West Virginia Democratic governor
- Michael Folk West Virginia Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Ron Stollings West Virginia Democratic candidate for governor
- Stephen Noble Smith West Virginia Democratic 2020 Gubernatorial Challenger
- Woody Thrasher West Virginia Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
The above quotations are from 2020 West Virginia Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-21 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: