Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Democratic Primary Debates and news coverage during 2019
This collection of excerpts comes from 2019 articles about and 2019 interviews of 2020 Democratic primary hopefuls.
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Democratic Primary Debates and news (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (12) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Andrew Yang (39) Democratic candidate for President; CEO
- Bernie Sanders (11) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Beto O`Rourke (6) Texas Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from TX
- Bill De Blasio (8) New York Democratic primary candidate and NYC mayor
- Cory Booker (7) New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Deval Patrick (14) Massachusetts Democratic Governor
- Elizabeth Warren (5) Massachusetts Senator
- Jay Inslee (1) Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- Joe Biden (8) Democratic V.P.
- Joe Sestak (1) Democratic candidate for President; Navy Admiral
- John Hickenlooper (9) Colorado Democratic Colorado Governor
- Julian Castro (18) Texas Mayor of San Antonio; HUD Secretary
- Kamala Harris (9) California Democratic candidate for President; California Senator
- Kirsten Gillibrand (4) New York Democratic candidate for President; New York Senator
- Marianne Williamson (6) Democratic candidate for President
- Michael Bennet (2) Colorado Democratic candidate for President; Colorado Senator
- Mike Bloomberg (23) New York Mayor of NYC
- Pete Buttigieg (25) Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Tom Steyer (36) Possible Democratic candidate for President from California
- Tulsi Gabbard (2) Hawaii Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from HI-2
- Wayne Messam (4) Florida Democratic Presidential Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
News coverage and interviews during 2019, of the 2020 Democratic presidential contenders (sources for issue excerpts):
- ABC This Week, "Yang says he would 'expand' universal health care 'over time'," by K.Walsh and A.Garcia, 12/29/19
- Council on Foreign Relations, "Candidate Tracker: Tom Steyer, Deval Patrick, and Mike Bloomberg" Dec. 24, 2019
- Newsweek, "Andrew Yang's Policies, Explained," by Alexandra Hutzler, 12/19/19
- Christian Science Monitor, "Experience matters. 'Mayor Pete' is banking on ideals mattering more," by Christa Case Bryant, 12/13/19
- Council on Foreign Relations, "A Conversation With Amy Klobuchar," by Nick Schifrin, December 11, 2019
- Breitbart.com, "Andrew Yang Pledges to Create Safe Opioid Injection Sites to Prevent Overdoses," by Joshua Caplan, 3 Dec 2019
- Huffington Post, "Toys 'R' Us Bankruptcy Looms Over Deval Patrick's Campaign," by Daniel Marans, Dec 03, 2019
- USA Today, "Will Deval Patrick be president? Not if his past scandals have anything to say about it," by James Bovard, 11/27/19
- CNBC, "Bloomberg is running for president. These are the causes he supports," by Lauren Hirsch, 11/24/19
- Daily Beast, "Deval Patrick Got Paid as Homeowners Lost Their Homes," by Aaron Glantz, Nov. 24, 2019
- Bloomberg news, "Deval Patrick Tries to Cut into Biden's African-American Support," by Emma Kinery, 11-20-19
- Counterpunch magazine "Making Andrew Yang Smarter," by Dean Baker, November 20, 2019
- Politico.com, "2020Dems: Candidates views on the-issues: Wayne Messam, 11/20/2019
- The Nation, "We Asked the 2020 Contenders How They Plan to Tackle Inequality," by Sam Pizzigati, November 19, 2019
- BusinessInsider.com, "Joe Biden is still questioning if marijuana is a gateway drug," by Ellen Cranley, 11/17/19
- Forbes Magazine, "With Deval Patrick, Private Equity Takes Center Stage in Presidential Race," by Nathan Vardi, Nov 14, 2019
- USA Today, "Andrew Yang shares his views on current issues," 11/7/19
- USA Today, "Democratic presidential candidate Tom Steyer shares his views on current issues," 11/7/19
- CNN State of the Union, interview of Andrew Yang, November 3, 2019
- NBC Meet the Press, interview of Andrew Yang and Gov. Deval Patrick, Nov. 3, 2019
- Vox.com, "Warren's bold plan to crack down on corruption in Washington, explained," by Ella Nilsenella, Sep. 16, 2019
- CNN State of the Union interview of Andrew Yang, September 15, 2019
- PoliticalWire, "Williamson Suggests 'Visualizing' Hurricane Retreat," by Taegan Goddard, September 4, 2019
- CBS Face the Nation, interview of Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Aug 25, 2019
- CNN State of the Union, interview of Sen. Bernie Sanders, August 25, 2019
- NBC Meet the Press, interview of Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Aug 25, 2019
- CBS Face the Nation, interview of CEO Andrew Yang, Aug 18, 2019
- CNN State of the Union, interview of Mayor Pete Buttigieg, August 18, 2019
- The Atlantic magazine, "The Pull of Andrew Yang's Pessimism," Edward-Isaac Dovere, August 15, 2019
- Council on Foreign Relations, "Bill de Blasio, Democratic Presidential Candidate," by James M. Lindsay, 8/12/19
- Yahoo! Finance, "Tax Plans for All 24 Democratic Presidential Candidates," by Rocky Mengle, August 12, 2019
- CBS Face the Nation, interview of CEO Mike Bloomberg, Aug 11, 2019
- ABC This Week, interview of Sen. Cory Booker, August 11, 2019
- CNN State of the Union, interview of Sen. Cory Booker and Rep. Beto O`Rourke, August 11, 2019
- CBS Face the Nation, interview of Senators Bernie Sanders, Aug 11, 2019
- CNN State of the Union, interview of Secretary Julian Castro, August 4, 2019
- NBC Meet the Press, interview of Sen. Cory Booker, Aug 4, 2019
- CBS Face the Nation interview of Marianne Williamson, July 28, 2019
- The Atlantic magazine, Julian Castro's 'Latino Candidate' Trap, Edward-Isaac Dovere, Jul 25, 2019
- MarketWatch e-zine, "Mayor Pete is the latest to propose this Social Security change--but is it really that good an idea?," by Alessandra Malito, July 22, 2019
- The Daily Wire, "Where Does Tom Steyer Stand On The Issues?, by Josh Hammer, July 12, 2019
- Seattle Times, "Biden promises to end 'forever wars' as president," by Bill Barrow, July 11, 2019
- PBS News Hour, "What does Tom Steyer believe? Where the candidate stands on 6 issues," Jul 10, 2019
- The Atlantic magazine, "Why Tom Steyer Changed His Mind on Running for President,", by Edward-Isaac Dovere, July 10, 2019
- Religion News Service, "Julian Castro: Democrats 'put in a box' on religion and morality," by Simran Jeet Singh, June 25, 2019
- Religion News Service, "Joe Biden and other candidates speak to diverse faith leaders, activists," by Jack Jenkins, June 17, 2019
- PBS News Hour, "Where 2020 Democrats stand on abortion," Jun 7, 2019
- PBS News Hour, "What does Bill de Blasio believe? Where the candidate stands on 8 issues," May 17, 2019
- The New Republic, "Andrew Yang's Disjointed Plan to Reform American Democracy," by Matt Ford, May 13, 2019
- PBS News Hour, "What does Marianne Williamson believe? Where the candidate stands on 8 issues," May 13, 2019
- PBS News Hour, "Where 2020 Democrats stand on student loans & teacher pay," Apr 15, 2019
- Time magazine, "Here's What All the 2020 Candidates Have Said and Done About Equal Pay," by Abigail Abrams, April 2, 2019
- Insider.com. "The Democratic presidential candidates will have a debate about LGBTQ rights," by Frank Olito, Mar. 26, 2019
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tom Steyer: Supports Roe v. Wade's right to privacy.
Tom Steyer: Pro-choice, & only work for pro-choice candidates.
Andrew Yang: Male legislators shouldn't decide female reproductive rights.
John Hickenlooper: Fight GOP-controlled legislatures' restrictive abortion laws.
Wayne Messam: Trust women to make their own decisions; period.
John Hickenlooper: Against fetal heartbeat laws; favors access to contraception.
Budget & Economy|
Mike Bloomberg: Proponent of the free market and balanced budgets.
Deval Patrick: Believes in private sector's ability to create opportunity.
Deval Patrick: Headed "Double Impact" group at Bain, as a "force for good".
Andrew Yang: We need to take best parts of both capitalism & socialism.
Deval Patrick: Reparations for slavery without reconciliation won't satisfy.
Andrew Yang: Exposing stereotypes helps dispel them.
Amy Klobuchar: We need environmental justice in this country.
Pete Buttigieg: Black voters more interested in issues than his being gay.
Cory Booker: Not enough to say "not a hatemonger myself".
Julian Castro: Leaders should unite us, not feed bigotry and division.
Andrew Yang: Treatment of indigenous people has been immoral & criminal.
Bernie Sanders: Supports commission investigating reparations for slavery.
Cory Booker: Supports commission investigating reparations for slavery.
Elizabeth Warren: Supports commission investigating reparations for slavery.
John Hickenlooper: Supports commission investigating reparations for slavery.
Kamala Harris: Supports commission investigating reparations for slavery.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Supports commission investigating reparations for slavery.
Amy Klobuchar: Paper ballots allow audits, ensure election integrity.
Bill De Blasio: Added third gender to NYC birth certificates.
Julian Castro: As mayor, banned discrimination against sexual orientation.
Wayne Messam: Silent about his stance on LGBTQ rights.
Pete Buttigieg: Voters have judged his record, not his marriage.
Deval Patrick: Served on board of corporate parent of predatory lender.
Bernie Sanders: Workers should have 45% of board seats, 20% of stock.
Julian Castro: Tax capital gains annually, not when assets sold.
Marianne Williamson: Make it illegal for CEOs to be paid with stock options.
Andrew Yang: Anti-trust doesn't address issues of modern tech companies.
Tom Steyer: Unchecked capitalism has failed us.
Andrew Yang: Set environmental standards for companies.
John Hickenlooper: Treat dividends & long-term capital gains as ordinary income.
Tom Steyer: Calculate CA corporate income tax based on in-state sales.
Wayne Messam: Trump tax cuts disproportionately benefits big business.
Tom Steyer: Take the corporate control out of politics.
Tom Steyer: Corporate corruption has broken our government.
Marianne Williamson: Repeal corporate tax cuts.
John Hickenlooper: Market must allow entry to new businesses.
Julian Castro: Top earners & corporations must pay fair share.
Tom Steyer: Focus on white supremacist violence as domestic terrorism.
Kamala Harris: FactCheck: Denied DNA evidence in 1980s; backtracked in 2018.
Kamala Harris: I chose the unpopular thing to NOT seek the death penalty.
Andrew Yang: Explore allowing therapeutic use of psilocybin mushrooms.
Andrew Yang: Create safe opioid injection sites to prevent overdoses.
Deval Patrick: 2012: As governor, opposed pot decriminalization.
Joe Biden: Not nearly enough evidence on marijuana as gateway drug.
Andrew Yang: Fines and judgements to fund treatment of opioid crisis.
Andrew Yang: Forgive "significant portion" of student loan debt.
Tom Steyer: I will tackle the student debt crisis head on.
Tom Steyer: Supports two years free tuition to community colleges.
Julian Castro: School curriculum should include climate change.
Kamala Harris: FactCheck: Did not desegregate LA and SF school districts.
Marianne Williamson: Provide teachers autonomy as well as compensation.
Pete Buttigieg: Charter schools have a place in the school ecosystem.
Energy & Oil|
Tom Steyer: Supports Green New Deal & carbon-neutrality by 2045.
Mike Bloomberg: Founded $500 million group advocating energy reform.
Andrew Yang: Get incentives right to subsidize renewable energy.
Tom Steyer: On Day 1: declare climate crisis a national emergency.
Tom Steyer: End subsidies & tax breaks for fossil fuels.
Amy Klobuchar: Carbon neutral is goal; nuclear/coal during transition.
Amy Klobuchar: Energy efficiency is low-hanging fruit.
Andrew Yang: Energy companies only operate on the bottom line.
Andrew Yang: Convert to all-electric cars, via "Clunker" buy-backs.
Andrew Yang: Nuclear needs to be on table; new reactors use thorium.
Bernie Sanders: Would reinstate LED lightbulb rule, encourage use.
Bernie Sanders: Government loans to help people erect solar panels.
Beto O`Rourke: Use cap and trade revenue to underwrite transition economy.
Beto O`Rourke: Pay carbon cost, so we don't have to change what we eat.
Cory Booker: Incentivize farmers that help them enrich environment.
Elizabeth Warren: No more nuclear plants; get off nuclear energy by 2035.
Joe Biden: Start on climate change now; do more as things change.
Joe Biden: Credits Green New Deal, but it lacks specifics.
Julian Castro: Carbon-free America by 2045, clean electricity by 2035.
Kamala Harris: Shouldn't sell/lease public land for drilling.
Pete Buttigieg: Federal investment in renewable tech for farms.
Pete Buttigieg: Military can play huge role in solving climate change.
Andrew Yang: 10 years too late on climate change, move to higher ground.
Pete Buttigieg: Timetable on climate set by reality, not by Congress.
Tom Steyer: Nuclear energy is risky & not cost competitive.
Andrew Yang: Constitutional amendment to safeguard environment.
Andrew Yang: Help farmers modernize in sustainable way.
Beto O`Rourke: Even conservatives want to protect public lands.
Cory Booker: Get politics out of Federal aid for natural disasters.
Julian Castro: Don't wait for natural disaster to move to sustainability.
Julian Castro: Will appoint EPA administrator to crack down on polluters.
Julian Castro: Injustice that 70% of HUD housing is near Superfund site.
Kamala Harris: Take on interests with profit motive to pollute.
Marianne Williamson: Deal with hurricanes by visualizing the storm's retreat.
Families & Children|
Mike Bloomberg: Cut teen smoking by 50%; now focus on e-cigarettes.
Cory Booker: New estate tax to fund "baby bond" program.
Bill de Blasio: Signed a paid sick leave and safe leave plan into law.
Marianne Williamson: Provide free or affordable lunches & breakfasts for students.
Andrew Yang: Increase funding for LGBTQ issues and education.
Mike Bloomberg: System of alliances achieved peace & democratic progress.
Mike Bloomberg: Don't recognize Crimea annexation; do extend START treaty.
Mike Bloomberg: Saudi Arabia's modernization is going in the right direction.
Tom Steyer: Rebuild traditional multilateral alliances like NATO.
Tom Steyer: More foreign aid for Central America.
Amy Klobuchar: Transition Heartland from isolationism to Internationalism.
Amy Klobuchar: Five Rs: restore, repair, rejoin, respond, and reassert.
Amy Klobuchar: Beware China's Uighur internment camps & Hong Kong crackdown.
Andrew Yang: US should lead the way on climate change.
Beto O`Rourke: Let Puerto Rico determine its own future.
Pete Buttigieg: Restore U.S. credibility by leading world on big challenges.
Bill de Blasio: 1980s: supported Sandinista National Liberation Front.
Pete Buttigieg: Pay attention to assessments of intelligence agencies.
Julian Castro: Strengthen our relationship with allies to keep us safe.
Deval Patrick: Deeper trade ties between U.S. and China.
Mike Bloomberg: Trade with China is good for consumers & the US economy.
Mike Bloomberg: Supports TPP and opposes trade war with China.
Mike Bloomberg: Vocal defender of global trade and multinational trade deals.
Tom Steyer: No trade war, but stand up to China on intellectual property.
Wayne Messam: Use tariffs to crack down on certain countries.
Andrew Yang: Would not stand in way of fossil fuel exports from US.
Elizabeth Warren: Climate adjustment fee on imports based on carbon use.
Joe Biden: Use tariffs to get China to pay the price for pollution.
Amy Klobuchar: China: we need credibility, would remove some tariffs.
Bernie Sanders: Trump's actions on trade destabilizing world economy.
Pete Buttigieg: Invest in domestic competitiveness to stay ahead of China.
Andrew Yang: Create a path forward on China that works for both sides.
Pete Buttigieg: Americans pay the price for Trump's trade war with China.
Bill de Blasio: Dislikes multilateral trade deals, including NAFTA and TPP.
Joe Biden: Push for agreements that don't hurt consumers or business.
Andrew Yang: Automatic voter registration & lower voting age to 16.
Tom Steyer: The right to vote is gateway to inclusive democracy.
Elizabeth Warren: End corruption of government by corporations & billionaires.
Andrew Yang: Democracy Dollars will wash out lobbyist cash.
Pete Buttigieg: Constitutional amendment to reverse Citizens United.
Andrew Yang: Electoral College: allocate state votes proportionally.
Andrew Yang: Lower voting age to 16 in federal elections.
Pete Buttigieg: Need to depoliticize Supreme Court.
Deval Patrick: Rejected Ruby Ridge task force recommendations.
Mike Bloomberg: Bloomberg group favors closing background check loopholes.
Tom Steyer: I will declare gun violence a public health epidemic.
Pete Buttigieg: Much work to enact measures that vast majority supports.
Andrew Yang: Would push for "personalized" guns, subsidize upgrading.
Beto O`Rourke: We should have a national gun licensing program.
Cory Booker: Yes on red flag law, but nowhere near enough.
Mike Bloomberg: Gun laws effective but no one law will stop everything.
Julian Castro: Whole slew of gun measures most Americans support.
Julian Castro: Yes on gun licensing, but also red flag laws.
Tom Steyer: Sympathy for gun control measures.
Tom Steyer: Register young voters to push for gun reform now.
Andrew Yang: Invest in "telehealth" allowing internet access to doctors.
Mike Bloomberg: Expand ObamaCare & Medicare.
Andrew Yang: Provide comprehensive mental health coverage.
Andrew Yang: Supports forced licensing of drug patents to control costs.
Tom Steyer: Supports public option; allow private insurance.
Tom Steyer: More funding is needed for mental health care.
Andrew Yang: Medicare-for-All but with private insurance.
Deval Patrick: Would support public option; open to other points of view.
Bernie Sanders: Cap annual costs for prescription drugs at $200.
Tom Steyer: Open Medicare to all who want it.
Amy Klobuchar: For public option, taking on Big Pharma.
Pete Buttigieg: Single payer option can lead to Medicare for all.
Michael Bennet: Make public plan optional; others can keep private insurance.
Pete Buttigieg: Single payer can still allow role for private insurance.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Provide a public option to get to universal coverage.
Deval Patrick: Don't cast anti-terror policies on any one group.
Mike Bloomberg: Expanded surveillance kept NYC safe from terrorists.
Mike Bloomberg: Argued against increasing military spending.
Tom Steyer: Refocus and reduce U.S. military spending.
Andrew Yang: Make domestic terrorism a primary focus of FBI, DHS, DOJ.
Bernie Sanders: Violent white nationalists should be treated as terrorists.
Deval Patrick: Signed bill for $177 million in state taxes for local bases.
Kamala Harris: Domestic terrorism as national security priority.
Mike Bloomberg: Fix the country's broken immigration system.
Mike Bloomberg: Closing the door to immigration would be national suicide.
Tom Steyer: Decriminalize unauthorized border crossings.
Beto O`Rourke: Grant refuge to those severely impacted by climate change.
Pete Buttigieg: Set up program for undocumented, alert system for ICE raids.
Tom Steyer: Fight deportation and expand services for immigrants.
Bill de Blasio: Created city ID so undocumented immigrants get healthcare.
John Hickenlooper: Need a comprehensive reevaluation of our immigration laws.
Jay Inslee: Illegal immigration not a national emergency.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Pathway to citizenship for DREAMers.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Pathway to citizenship gets immigrants connected.
Julian Castro: Compassion for refugees, pathway for those here.
Andrew Yang: OpEd: Yang wrong that automation causing massive job loss.
Bernie Sanders: Tax CEOs making more than 50 times median worker pay.
Kamala Harris: Require "equal pay certification" for government contracts.
Michael Bennet: Hasn't supported a national $15 hourly minimum wage.
Andrew Yang: Trickle up: create jobs by giving people buying power.
Bernie Sanders: Help transition for miners: income for 5 years, & education.
Joe Biden: Working on climate change can create 10 million jobs.
Pete Buttigieg: Lots of job opportunity in green economy; not all high tech.
Andrew Yang: Most new jobs are gig, temporary, or contractor.
Tom Steyer: Supports right to a living wage.
Andrew Yang: Fight for equal pay for women, and women of color.
John Hickenlooper: 2018: declared "Equity For All Day" on gender pay gap.
Pete Buttigieg: Government must be pro-active with changing economy.
Julian Castro: Minimum wage should be a living wage.
Principles & Values|
Pete Buttigieg: Qualified for president since mayors have to get things done.
Deval Patrick: I never left my conscience at the company door.
Deval Patrick: Will accept Super PAC money; should be full disclosure.
Cory Booker: It's not who's racist; it's what are you doing about it.
Mike Bloomberg: Words matter; what President says is very important.
Julian Castro: Grew up with Catholic tradition and progressive activism.
Tom Steyer: Trump is a criminal, nothing at all like me.
Marianne Williamson: Forces of immorality are on the march.
Pete Buttigieg: Progressive, but not concerned with labels.
Tulsi Gabbard: Take money for Social Security from military & tax giveaways.
Julian Castro: Trust Fund needs immigrants to shore up Baby Boomers.
Bernie Sanders: Apply payroll-tax to income over $250,000.
Pete Buttigieg: Double Social Security's payroll-tax cap to $250,000.
Amy Klobuchar: Return to 39.6% top rate; open to wealth tax.
Andrew Yang: End Social Security cap, favorable capital gains treatment.
Bernie Sanders: Wealth tax of 8% on fortunes over $10 billion.
Joe Biden: Undo 2017 tax cut, eliminate "stepped-up basis loophole".
Joe Sestak: End preferential treatment of capital gains.
Julian Castro: Tax inherited windfalls as ordinary income.
Kamala Harris: Higher tax on wealthy to fund Medicare-for-All & teacher pay.
Pete Buttigieg: April: raise top tax rate; October: "soft-pedals" wealth tax.
Tom Steyer: Supports higher estate tax, annual wealth tax.
Tom Steyer: Repeal Trump tax cuts; close corporate tax loopholes.
John Hickenlooper: Higher taxes on the wealthy; lower taxes on working families.
John Hickenlooper: Mom-and-pop tax credit for five or fewer full-time employees.
Pete Buttigieg: Financial transactions tax, wealth tax, and estate tax.
Tulsi Gabbard: Tax incentives for social goals.
Amy Klobuchar: Changes in corporate tax would fund infrastructure.
Julian Castro: Top earners, corporations should pay "fair share".
Deval Patrick: Additional spending on cybersecurity and robotics.
Mike Bloomberg: Crumbling infrastructure undermines global competitiveness.
Tom Steyer: Supports net neutrality rules.
Andrew Yang: Internet users should have property rights to their data.
Andrew Yang: Allow people to cast ballots through mobile apps.
Tom Steyer: We need to hit reset button on how we think about technology.
Pete Buttigieg: Mustn't let China lead world on artificial intelligence.
War & Peace|
Deval Patrick: Our Generation Speaks: Israelis & Palestinians together.
Mike Bloomberg: Supports Israel's military response to Gaza rocket attacks.
Mike Bloomberg: Deep reservations that 2015 Iran nuclear deal wasn't enough.
Mike Bloomberg: Supported 2003 Iraq War, as response to 9/11.
Mike Bloomberg: No attractive military option against North Korean nukes.
Tom Steyer: Withdraw all U.S. troops from Afghanistan.
Tom Steyer: Keep US troops in northern Syria.
Tom Steyer: Diplomatic measures must always be the first choice.
Amy Klobuchar: We need to start bringing troops home from Afghanistan.
Pete Buttigieg: Make sure we have right kind of settlement in Afghanistan.
Bill de Blasio: Leave Afghanistan when a peace deal is in place.
Bill de Blasio: Opposes U.S. support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen.
Bill de Blasio: Rejoin the multilateral Iran nuclear deal.
Joe Biden: End "forever wars" in Afghanistan & Middle East.
Welfare & Poverty|
Mike Bloomberg: Mayors Challenge: grants to cities for improving urban life.
Elizabeth Warren: Raise wealth tax rate for healthcare & affordable housing.
Tom Steyer: Our affordable housing situation is a crisis.
Andrew Yang: Relaxing zoning laws would boost affordable housing.
The above quotations are from Democratic Primary Debates and news coverage during 2019.