Democrat Debate in Johnston Iowa, Jan. 8, 2000
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Democrat Debate in Johnston Iowa (number of quotes indicated):
- Al Gore (7)
- Bill Bradley (9)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Bill Bradley: More for tech education since tech created surplus.
Al Gore: Women deserve equal pay for equal work.
Bill Bradley: Appointments should reflect a world without gender.
Bill Bradley: Major investment in education related to people’s lives.
Bill Bradley: Move towards new post-Cold War stability & mentality.
Bill Bradley: Rely on the WTO to export beef to Europe.
Al Gore: Reinvention cut Defense while investing in social programs.
Al Gore: Public financing of elections and debates lead to trust.
Bill Bradley: Money corrupts democracy.
Al Gore: Photo id’s for gun purchase; ban junk guns.
Bill Bradley: Register and license all handguns.
Al Gore: Help seniors by helping Medicare.
Bill Bradley: Covering drugs is the key to reducing health care costs.
Al Gore: Commit troops only if diplomacy fails and if it’s winnable.
Bill Bradley: The UN, not the US, is the world’s policeman.
Al Gore: Base farm policy, like hormones in livestock, on science.
The above quotations are from Democrat Debate in Johnston Iowa, Jan. 8, 2000.
Related books, debates, and candidates:
- Bill Bradley's main page
- Al Gore's main page
Books by Al Gore:
- Earth in the Balance, by Al Gore
- Inventing Al Gore, by Bill Turque
- Common Sense Government, by Al Gore
- Medicare at a Crossroads, Gore's Health Care Plan
- Gore's 191-page Economic Plan
Books by Bill Bradley:
- The Journey From Here, by Bill Bradley
- Time Present, Time Past, by Bill Bradley
Debates in the Democratic primary, 1999-2000:
- Primary Debate at Dartmouth University
- Democrat Debate in Des Moines, Iowa
- Democrat Debate at UNH-Durham
- Democrat Debate in the Apollo Theater in Harlem
- Democrat debate in Los Angeles, California
- Democrat Debate in Manchester, NH
- Democrat Debate in Nashua NH
- Bradley & McCain discuss Campaign Finance Reform
Page last edited: Apr 16, 2013