Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Colorado Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 CO Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Cary Kennedy (12) Colorado Democratic candidate for Governor
- Cynthia Coffman (1) Colorado Republican Challenger for CO Governor
- Donna Lynne (1) Colorado Republican candidate for Colorado Governor
- Doug Robinson (13) Colorado Republican candidate for Governor
- George Brauchler (27) Colorado Republican candidate for Governor
- Jared Polis (3) Colorado Democratic candidate for Colorado Governor
- John Hickenlooper (2) Colorado Democratic Governor
- Mike Johnston (11) Colorado Democratic candidate for Governor
- Noel Ginsburg (1)
- Raul Labrador (3) Idaho Republican candidate for Idaho Governor
- Steve Barlock (12) Colorado Republican candidate for Colorado Governor
- Victor Mitchell (23) Colorado Republican candidate for Colorado Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Colorado 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Coloradoan, "Gov. candidates provide stances on gun control," by Saja Hindi, March 3, 2018
- Colorado Independent, "Barlock is tying his bid 100% to Trump," by Corey Hutchins, September 05, 2017
- Akron News-Reporter, "Brauchler hitting Governor campaign trail," by Jo Anne Busing, 08/29/2017
- The Cannabist, "Query over reported cannabis research obstruction," by Alicia Wallace, Aug. 23, 2017
- Westword, "At Least Eleven Pot-Related Homicides Since Legalization," by George Brauchler, August 21, 2017
- Vail Daily, "Polis visits to discuss new wilderness bill," by John LaConte, Aug. 20, 2017
- Westword, "Meet Steve Barlock, Co-Chair for Trump in Denver," by Michael Roberts, August 17, 2017
- Sterling Journal-Advocate, "Brauchler envisions decentralized state government," by Lisa Young, 8/09/2017
- Summit Daily, "Polis responds to Trump's ban on transgender people serving in the U.S. military," July 26, 2017
- ColoradoPolitics.com, "Blizzard of criticism over climate order," by Ernest Luning, July 12, 2017
- Denver Post, "Brauchler announces bid for Colorado governor," by John Frank, June 22, 2017
- ColoradoPolitics.com, "Mitchell trying to raise his profile from lowest name ID", by Joey Bunch, 6/13/17
- Daily Kos, "Raise Colorado's Renewable Energy Standard," by Cary Kennedy, June 2, 2017
- Westword.com, "Introducing Doug Robinson, Mitt Romney Nephew," by Michael Roberts, 5/15/17
- Colorado Independent, "Colorado Democrats on oil and gas appeal", by Corey Hutchins, May 15, 2017
- Denver Post, "Doug Robinson, nephew of Mitt Romney, running for governor," by John Frank, April 25 2017
- Westword.com, "Cary Kennedy and Why She's Running," by Michael Roberts, April 24, 2017
- ColoradoPolitics.com, "Hickenlooper Has Little Faith in Brauchler," by Peter Marcus, Apr. 19, 2017
- Colorado Times-Recorder, "A look at the 2018 candidates for governor," by Madeleine Schmidt, April 17, 2017
- The Pueblo Chieftain, "Brauchler says leadership sets him apart," by Peter Roper, April 11, 2017
- Westword.com, "Brauchler on Why He's Running for Governor," by Michael Roberts, Westword, April 7, 2017
- Grand Junction Daily Sentinel, "Field in governor race starting to take shape", by Charles Ashby, April 6, 2017
- Colorado Springs Gazette, "Robinson wants to give back," by Joey Bunch, April 25, 2017
- Colorado Statesman, "Higher ed spending to support STEM disciplines," by Ernest Luning, April 20, 2017
- Denver Post, "George Brauchler announces bid for governor," by John Frank, April 5, 2017
- Colorado Gazette, "Mitchell is officially in the race for governor", by Joey Bunch, 2/14/17
- The Denver Post, "Mitchell announces 2018 bid for Colorado governor", by John Frank, February 13, 2017
- Westword.com, "Meet Mike Johnston, fast rising political star," 1/25/2017
- The Denver Post, "Johnston announces 2018 bid for governor", Jan. 17, 2017
- Denver Post, "Udall and Bennet uncommitted on assault weapons ban", by Allison Sherry, January 24, 2013
- Huffington Post, "Cary Kennedyís Shameful Final Days," by Jessica Peck, May 25, 2011
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Cary Kennedy: Endorsed by EMILY's List for pro-choice women.
Cynthia Coffman: Pro-choice; moderate on social issues.
Budget & Economy|
George Brauchler: Requested pay cut & budget cut as County Commissioner.
Victor Mitchell: To save jobs, we must halt any kind of tax increase.
Victor Mitchell: In an over regulated Colorado, regulations need to be cut.
Victor Mitchell: Cutting regulations will promote small businesses.
Doug Robinson: Problems should be fixed by spending less, not raising taxes.
Doug Robinson: Use our budget more effectively, instead of raising taxes.
Doug Robinson: State budget is a mess; improve it by cutting spending.
Cary Kennedy: Balanced budget after citizens vote on taxes.
Raul Labrador: Orientation/gender identity shouldn't bar employment.
Jared Polis: Would be Colorado's first openly gay Governor.
Victor Mitchell: Voted against Trump due to misogyny concerns.
Mike Johnston: Participated in Women's March in Denver.
Doug Robinson: To help the economy, government has to get out of the way.
George Brauchler: Protect business from excessive regulation.
George Brauchler: Defend local law enforcement and provide resources.
George Brauchler: Create specialized units to fight crime.
George Brauchler: Supports death penalty; would lift stays of execution.
John Hickenlooper: Issued stay of execution for convicted killer.
Mike Johnston: Ban police chokeholds; push the CLEAR Act.
George Brauchler: Death penalty is legitimate rule of law.
Mike Johnston: Reduce sentencing disparities; ban police chokeholds.
Raul Labrador: Challenges AG on stopping pot research.
George Brauchler: Pot law has not ended criminal activity.
Steve Barlock: Will follow state law on pot.
Doug Robinson: Do better by preventing addiction & promoting natural high.
Doug Robinson: Children need to be protected from the dangers of pot.
George Brauchler: Must increase mental health & drug treatment programs.
Victor Mitchell: Marijuana revenues are being "ripped off" in the status quo.
Victor Mitchell: THC is dangerous, but voters ok'ed the pot amendment.
Doug Robinson: Opposes recreational marijuana.
Doug Robinson: Opposed Amendment 64: youth usage of drugs is too high.
Doug Robinson: Ran anti-recreational marijuana group, Smart Colorado.
George Brauchler: Opposed legalization but will defend CO laws.
George Brauchler: Opposed marijuana legalization; but keep the feds out.
Steve Barlock: Favors home schooling.
George Brauchler: Local control instead of one-size-fits-all education models.
George Brauchler: Colorado should lead in STEM education.
Victor Mitchell: College need to become more affordable in Colorado.
Doug Robinson: In education, more choice makes more competition.
Cary Kennedy: Led Amendment 23: reduce budget cuts to public schools.
Mike Johnston: Make college more affordable.
Cary Kennedy: Make college more affordable, including tech & vocational.
Victor Mitchell: Teachers unions are enemies of Colorado.
Victor Mitchell: Supports vouchers and school choice.
Victor Mitchell: Don't boost No education spending via tax increases.
Victor Mitchell: Lower the cost of college.
Mike Johnston: Keep up with innovation: 2 years of free college or training.
Mike Johnston: National Guard service in exchange for state college tuition.
Mike Johnston: Weaken tenure protections; strengthen teacher evaluations.
Energy & Oil|
Steve Barlock: Water power, but not wind power.
Steve Barlock: State should not pick favorites in clean energy.
George Brauchler: Colorado joining Paris Accords is meaningless symbolism.
John Hickenlooper: Reduce greenhouse gas by 26% by 2025 and 35% by 2030.
Victor Mitchell: Repeal misguided Paris Accords order on Day One.
Cary Kennedy: Oil & gas are important, but protect public health.
Mike Johnston: Balance oil & gas extraction with public safety.
Noel Ginsburg: Develop oil & gas resources while protecting environment.
Raul Labrador: Must work with partners to preserve public land.
Cary Kennedy: Colorado can be national model on wind energy & cleantech.
Families & Children|
Cary Kennedy: Family adopted sister via faith-based organization.
Cary Kennedy: Supports foster care via faith-based organizations.
George Brauchler: Sunset law should apply to all regulations.
George Brauchler: Move some state offices out of capital.
George Brauchler: A record of official transparency.
Steve Barlock: Drain the swamp of Colorado politics.
Mike Johnston: No PAC money when running as state senator or as governor.
Cary Kennedy: No military assault weapons; universal background checks.
Donna Lynne: Ban bump stocks; disallow mental health excuses.
Jared Polis: Ban military-style weapons; plus CDC studies gun violence.
Mike Johnston: Ban military-style weapons; plus universal background checks.
Steve Barlock: Teachers should protect students if there's a school shooter.
Steve Barlock: 100% for Trump unless he rejects NRA.
George Brauchler: Supports guns for self-defense.
Victor Mitchell: 100% record with NRA, but I don't believe in bazookas.
Jared Polis: Banning weapons violates the Second Amendment.
George Brauchler: Repeal Obamacare; local control of Medicaid.
Victor Mitchell: Insurance is not necessary for primary care.
Victor Mitchell: ObamaCare doesn't work for 50% of people today.
Victor Mitchell: ObamaCare is not a solution; we need patient-centered care.
Doug Robinson: Wants congress and Trump to repeal ObamaCare.
George Brauchler: Medicaid block grants instead of ObamaCare expansion.
George Brauchler: Increase Medicaid co-pays to change behavior.
George Brauchler: Charge co-pays to low-income residents on Medicaid.
Victor Mitchell: Promote patient-centered health care.
George Brauchler: Uniformed service includes tour in Iraq.
Victor Mitchell: "Big brother government" is terribly intrusive.
Steve Barlock: Hardline against illegal immigration.
Victor Mitchell: Supports Trump's anti-sanctuary city policies.
George Brauchler: Opposes sanctuary cities; leave immigration to Feds.
Cary Kennedy: Keep local cops out of immigration.
Mike Johnston: Protect immigrants living in the country illegally.
Victor Mitchell: Teachers unions are about power not about helping teachers.
Principles & Values|
Steve Barlock: Statist and nationalist: Colorado and U.S. come first.
Steve Barlock: Won't let globalist opponents steal my views.
Steve Barlock: Fully fund Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA).
Steve Barlock: Popular vote on any tax law or subsidy.
George Brauchler: Supports Taxpayer Bill of Rights.
George Brauchler: Use existing funds rather than raising taxes.
George Brauchler: Oppose sales tax hike to raise $3.5B for road projects.
Victor Mitchell: Not one darn penny for additional taxes.
Victor Mitchell: No tax increases, not even to boost education spending.
Cary Kennedy: OpEd: proudly championed the state's mill levy freeze.
Doug Robinson: Infrastructure via government efficiency & private solutions.
George Brauchler: Improve roads without raising taxes.
Victor Mitchell: Shrink state agencies to look for funds for highways.
Cary Kennedy: Rural areas need transportation & broadband infrastructure.
War & Peace|
Doug Robinson: Trump is right with strong response on Syria.
The above quotations are from 2018 Colorado Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)