Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Florida Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 FL Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Alan Grayson (3) Democratic Senate candidate Florida
- Ann Kirkpatrick (1) Democratic Senate candidate Arizona
- Augustus Invictus (13) Republican Candidate for U.S. Senator (withdrew Dec. 2017) Florida
- Carlos Lopez-Cantera (6) Republican Senate Challenger Florida
- David Jolly (8) Republican Senate Challenger Florida
- Marco Rubio (2) FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Pam Keith (4) Democratic Senate candidate Florida
- Patrick Murphy (13) Democratic Senate candidate Florida
- Ron DeSantis (2) Florida Republican candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Florida Senate debates and race coverage:
- Tampa Bay Times, "Libertarian primary, Invictus v. Stanton", by Steve Bousquet, October 7, 2016
- Liberty hangout, "Docket No. 1776, Federal Government v. Augustus Sol Invictus," by TJ Roberts, May 28, 2016
- The Libertarian Republic, "Controversial Libertarian Senate Candidate," by Elias J. Atienza, April 1, 2016
- Washington Times, "Murphy Challenges Rubio to Support Gun Control," by Terrance Harris, August 4, 2016
- Marijuana.com, "Key Senate Races for Marijuana Reform," by Tom Angell on June 13th, 2016
- Rise Miami News, "Pam Keith: The Fresh Face in the Florida Senate Race," Aug. 13, 2015
- Politico.com, "Libertarian Party drama: Goat sacrifice & eugenics," by Marc Caputo, 10/1/2015
- Tampa Bay Times, "PolitiFact Florida: Carlos Lopez-Cantera and an Arizona-style immigration law", by Amy Sherman, July 26, 2015
- Tampa Bay Times, "Pam Keith: the U.S. Senate candidate you haven't heard of," by Kirby Wilson, July 21, 2015
- PolitiFact Florida, "Jolly's years as a lobbyist fed attacks during the 2014 special election", July 20, 2015
- Breitbart.com, "Cantera announces Senate run", by Javier Manjarres, July 18, 2015
- Miami Herald, "Campaign for Marco Rubioís Senate seat", by Patricia Mazzei, July 15, 2015
- Sunshine State News, "Why African-Americans in Florida Should Never Vote for Patrick Murphy", by Leslie Wimes, May 25, 2015
- Miami New Times, "National Democratic Party Endorses Patrick Murphy for Senate", by Kyle Munzenrieder, May 4, 2015
- Project Vote Smart group ratings for Carlos Lopez-Cantera (2006-12)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Augustus Invictus: Leave abortion decisions to the states.
Budget & Economy|
Augustus Invictus: Fight for balanced budget & against Federal Reserve.
David Jolly: Balance the budget: morally bound and for national security.
Carlos Lopez-Cantera: As Lt. Governor: focus on job creation and tax reduction.
David Jolly: We've doubled our national debt in the last 8 years.
Marco Rubio: Men's bathrooms are for men & women's bathrooms for women.
Augustus Invictus: Who one marries is not the concern of the Government.
Pam Keith: Racists are sad aberrations, but they still exist.
Marco Rubio: Prove medical benefits to FDA before legalizing marijuana.
Patrick Murphy: Let states decide marijuana legalization.
Alan Grayson: Exempt high-CBD/low-THC medical marijuana from Drug War.
Patrick Murphy: Protect people complying with state marijuana laws from feds.
Augustus Invictus: Abolishing the DEA is a start to end war on drugs.
Patrick Murphy: Quality public education is best way to grow middle class.
Augustus Invictus: Enemy of Common Core and No Child Left Behind.
Energy & Oil|
Augustus Invictus: Find alternatives to dependence on foreign energy sources.
David Jolly: I support offshore drilling, but not off Florida's coasts.
Ron DeSantis: No delay on Keystone pipeline for security & safety study.
Patrick Murphy: Vital to Florida's future that we protect our environment.
Augustus Invictus: Respecting environment over business is a must.
Pam Keith: Don't live by fear; we're the most bad-ass nation.
Pam Keith: Born in Turkey; lived outside US for 9 years.
Carlos Lopez-Cantera: Defend democracy in Cuba, Venezuela, & Israel.
Carlos Lopez-Cantera: After Cuban "normalization," more beatings & more oppression.
David Jolly: Help create stability in regions where there is none.
David Jolly: Yes to Ex-im bank; No to fast-track.
Ron DeSantis: No to Ex-im bank; Yes to fast-track.
Patrick Murphy: Yes to Ex-im bank; No to fast-track.
David Jolly: OpEd AdWatch: Worked for lobbyists associated with Pakistan.
Patrick Murphy: Expand background checks; bar people on watch lists.
Augustus Invictus: Wants restoration of the Second Amendment.
Patrick Murphy: No civilian access to military-style assault weapons.
Patrick Murphy: More background checks: close the terrorist gun loophole.
Patrick Murphy: We can improve ObamaCare, but it has hugely positive impact.
Augustus Invictus: Non-interventionism & no unconditional support to Israel.
Pam Keith: My military service exposed me to issues that we face.
Patrick Murphy: Voted with GOP for DoD bill that Obama vetoed.
Alan Grayson: Opposed $607 billion national defense bill.
Ann Kirkpatrick: Voted with GOP for DoD bill that Obama vetoed.
Alan Grayson: Allow administrative amnesty to some illegal aliens.
Augustus Invictus: Screen immigrants for status and ISIS connections.
Carlos Lopez-Cantera: FactCheck: Supports E-Verify, but not racial profiling.
Principles & Values|
Augustus Invictus: Libertarians are the party of peace & party of principle.
Patrick Murphy: OpEd: Angry black women should oppose party-choice Murphy.
Patrick Murphy: Former Republican; FL's most conservative House Democrat.
Carlos Lopez-Cantera: Preserve and protect Social Security and Medicare.
David Jolly: FactCheck: Discuss private accounts & other options too.
Augustus Invictus: Subsidies to ISPs are the internet's real problem.
War & Peace|
Patrick Murphy: Air strikes against ISIS but no ground troops.
Augustus Invictus: Our foreign policies are interventionist.
David Jolly: Cancel Obama's Iran agreement and keep sanctions.
Carlos Lopez-Cantera: No nuclear deal with Iran; support preemptive strike.
The above quotations are from 2016 Florida Senate race: debates and news coverage.